Monday, February 3, 2014

The Hobbit-Peter Jackson Opus, Extended Edition...

Just a few things to observe.  Most of those I talked to who saw this film, even those who enjoyed it (I was one) agreed that it was bloated, that Mr. Jackson, Master of Middle Earth lore he is, took a simple adventure story, in many ways an opposite tale from Lord of the Rings and just bloated the hell out of it form scraps from all over elsewhere in Tolkien's tales.  Now, between the frenetic, video game-esque action sequences and said stuffing, I felt the bloat myself, along with the wonder that I enjoyed.

However, the extended version includes several dialogue sequences that slow the pace down, relaxes the viewer, gives one time to digest the meal that is The Hobbit, Pt 1.  Personally, though it is longer, it actually feels shorter, like this is again a window into another world, rather than a promo for a computer game.

I do  recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment